SPICY CABBAGE SOUP RECIPE
3/4 small head cabbage, roughly chopped
5 small fresh tomatoes
1.5 cups celery, diced
1.5 cups shredded carrots
1.5 small onions
1.5 red bell pepper, diced
1-2 red chili peppers
1 green chili (Anaheim chili)
2 tsp oregano
2 tsp basil
1 tsp tumeric
1-1.5 tsp garlic/ginger paste
1/8 tsp red chili pepper
Himalayan Sea Salt
Broth or Bouillon Cubes (I used Chicken flavor)
Green Onion (Optional)
Chop the following and place in a dish together:
Heat the coconut oil in a pan.
1. Add turmeric, red chili pepper, and garlic/ginger paste; stir.
2. Add Dish 1 (Red Chili Pepper, Anaheim Pepper, Red Bell Pepper, Onion), salt and pepper to release the flavor – 1-2 minutes.
3. Add Celery and Carrots; sauté until tender.
4. Add water (or broth), enough to cover about 2″ above the vegetables.
5. Add Oregano, Basil, and, if not using broth, bouillon cubes (I added 3 cubes based on the amount of water in the pan).
6. Add cabbage and tomato. Bring to a boil, then simmer until cabbage is tender.
7. Add green onion before serving
6,821 total views, 2 views today